Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. meaning I may get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
With the advent of covid-19 and all that it encompasses, weight loss meal delivery programs have become all the rage. Yes, you can still get Mickey D’s and Burger King to go, but if weight loss is your goal, then one of the following programs would be more beneficial for your weight loss needs.
All the meal plan programs in this post are good, they offer a varied and appetizing menu. Some have more choices than others, some offer packaged meals, and some cater toward a greener meal plan. It is simply your choice to try out different ones and find the one that fits your taste and wallet.
There are even programs that can be designed to work for people with certain dietary issues, like diabetes.
I have not ranked them in any order, I leave this up to the individual to choose his or her own program, that will best fit their particular needs.
These programs are designed to work for the weight loss goals of either men or women, I have just found that women seem to be more attuned to committing to a program and sticking with it.
This is a highly rated meal plan program, created by Doctors. The cooking, shipping, and shopping are all eliminated with this plan. Basically, all you have to do is eat, my kind of program. What’s not to like with a program like this. The choices are quite varied, with over 150 meals to choose from.
There are a few drawbacks to the program. It does not offer a vegetarian or vegan option and it does not offer a la carte. You do get:
- Personalized weight loss plans
- Individual support
- Nutriionally balanced meals, delivered to your door
- If required, gluten-free and diabetic plans are available
- Pricing is mid-range
Diet to Go
Here you get to customize your diet plan with great tasting food. Once again, forget the shopping, which is currently a huge plus and little to no food prep. Some particulars of the program are:
- Varied options, especially important if you are seeking a vegetarian, low carb, or diabetic meal plan
- Advice and support are available to help you determine or adjust your meal plan
- It does lack a gluten-free option
- Rated number 1 for taste and helps people lose weight without feeling deprived
- Cost is mid-range
I have the most familiarity with this program, as I have used nutrisystem to lose over 55 lbs. Here are a few of the important parts of nutrisystem:
- Easy to follow program. If you stick with the program, you will drop weight. I can personally attest to that fact.
- It has a varied menu and will soon find yourself ordering a la carte and creating your own meal plans, within the system
- Love the snacks, they kept me going throughout my time on the nutrisystem plan
- You get to eat 6 times a day, so I never truly felt like I was starving, at any time
- If you shop when they are running sales, you can live with the cost. It can be a little pricey.
Protein rich, gluten-free meal plans are their forte. You just have to take your meals from the fridge and warm them up, when necessary. Here is a look at the program:
- You have the option to choose how many meals per week you wish to order, 4-6-9, or 12.
- Once again, very low prep, no shopping or cooking
- One drawback is that the program is not available in all states
- It also does not offer any specialty diets, other that gluten-free
- If you are used to eating prepared meals from the grocery store, this is an ideal healthy replacement
- You are charged per meal that is ordered
This program covers almost all the various meal plans, from Paleo and Keto to Vegetarians and everything in between. The meals are full of organic produce and have a delicious flavor.
- They are easy and convenient, high quality meals
- Meals are designed for people on the go
- All meals are covered, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This plan also includes snacks
- Have paleo, keto and gluten-free options
- Many people feel that this is the best program available on the market today, for the money
- You are not tied into any long term plans
- Recipes are developed by chefs and are nutritionally approved
- One drawback is that it is not available in all states
This is our gourmet, plant based meal plan with exotic flavors for the vegetarians in our midst.
- Their motto is: we are pro-plant, not anti-animal. Eat what you love, but eat more plants
- Not a program for everyone, but if you are a veggie lover, this is definitely something for you to explore
- Offers breakfast, lunch, and some snacks
Chef prepared, ready to eat meals. They come ready to eat and fully prepared. The meals are well-balanced, nutritionally packed, and will fill you up.
- Considered the rising star in the meals to go world
- Meals are fresh, never frozen
- Delivered anywhere in the continental US
- You can choose from over 500 meal choices, meal boredom will not be an issue
- Meals are rotated every week in a 5 week rotation
- Flexible meal plans, start and stop when you choose
- It is considered one of the quickest and most delicious ways to lose weight
I trust that I have given you, at least, a quick look into the weight loss meal delivery programs that are available. I know that I just touched on some of the many plans out there. I considered these to be among the best on the market today.
If you are looking to start a delivered weight loss meal plan, by all means, explore the venue, try various plans, that don’t tie you in long term and find out works for you.
I wish you much success in your weight loss journey.